System load monitor

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nostromo

System load monitor

Post by nostromo »

I had previously been running Xubuntu,(running Maya XFCE now),but I cant seem to locate "system load monitor",so I can add it to the top panel I created,(sceenshot is where it used to be on Xubuntu)...not sure if you can even do that in Mint,if I can please let me know how,thx
Also I cant seem to search for it in Software Manger,the software manager is hanging and I cant type and search for software,anybody else having a problem like this,Thx in advance.
1Screenshot - 10142012 - 01_36_02 PM.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BBistheKing

Re: System load monitor

Post by BBistheKing »

Hi

Yeah miss that from MInt 9 as well. Here is how to get it back.

Go into your Software Sources list and tick the xubuntu/xfce-4.10 ppa (not the Source Code one).

Then go into Synaptic Package Manager and click Refresh.

Then search for xfce4-systemload-plugin, right-click and select Mark for Installation, then click Apply on the tool bar.

It should then be in your Add to Panel list.

Software Manager has its issues so I always use Synaptic.

I almost went to Xubuntu from Mint 13 because of the MDM login issues. Why did you leave Xubuntu? it looks so serene...
Last edited by BBistheKing on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

I also found that software manager didn't include fslint for Mint lmde 13, although synaptic did
--and I didn't do any updates except via the terminal

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
nostromo

Post by nostromo »

BBistheKing wrote: I almost went to Xubuntu from Mint 13 because of the MDM login issues. Why did you leave Xubuntu? it looks so serene...
I had a meltdown,when trying to use Xfburn in Xubuntu 12.04,I had to use the Lucid live Cd to recover some files,Xubuntu cd wouldnt allow me to change permission on some files that I really didnt want to lose,I was able to recover everything with Lucid.......I wanted to give Mint Xfce a whirl.,I have a pretty old Optiplex GX260,upgraded to 3.04 P4 1.5g ram,but am not impressed with Xfce performance,in fact Gnome seems to run as quick or quicker than Xfce,mem usage difference is not much,still planning on trying Mate,and Cinnamon,and Maybe Ubuntu 12.04,.....Thanks for help BB.
BBistheKing

Post by BBistheKing »

So would that have been caused by a Xubuntu issue or just Xfburn issue?

Yeah I was disappointed with the Mint 13 XFCE release, especially compared to Mint 9 version. They stripped some things that I miss and still uses more RAM. In fact I'm generally disappointed with the direction Mint is going, more exclusive than inclusive. They complain about Ubuntu regressions than commit some themselves (I'm looking at you MDM). So I have been trying out other Linux OS distros, might go to Fedora XFCE, I have heard they are handling the UEFI issue a bit better. Not a concern for me atm, but will be in the future I'm sure. Cinnamon is impressive but it is a bit sluggish.

I have an old Optiplex GX240 1.5 512 ram which I use as a standby and test machine, have Mint 9 XFCE on it but support runs out next year, might just put Debian Stable/Xubuntu on it.
nostromo

Post by nostromo »

Been real happy with Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 on my wifey's Emachine......solid as a rock.,Not sure when I upgrade if Im going to stay with Unity or do a Gnome rollback,may even try KDE on my old Dell Plex.....
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

I agree with all posts above.
But
be careful not all of the panel plugins work with 'Xfce4.10' yet :(

J.Jay

Return to “Xfce”