My Many Issues Post-UP5

Post your update and upgrade related errors here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

My Many Issues Post-UP5

Postby ddurdle on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:41 am

I did the rolling update from 4 to 5 this morning. I was hoping for no breaks in the system but I was realistically expecting something to break. Just not as many as I found though.

Within 5 mins after a reboot, I identified the following (which are still to be fixed somehow). I expect if I found this many after 5 mins, the list will double or triple once I actually start using the system.

1) Autokey stops working:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gobject/constants.py:24: Warning: g_boxed_type_register_static: assertion `g_type_from_name (name) == 0' failed
import gobject._gobject
ERROR:root:Could not find any typelib for Notify
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/autokey", line 20, in <module>
from autokey.gtkapp import Application
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/autokey/gtkapp.py", line 29, in <module>
from gtkui.notifier import get_notifier
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/autokey/gtkui/notifier.py", line 19, in <module>
from gi.repository import Gtk, Notify
ImportError: cannot import name Notify


2) google-chrome stops working (stable 22 release)
When I start, nothing happens, if I start from a terminal, I see this:
--2012-10-16 10:37:22-- https://clients2.google.com/cr/report
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /home/durdle/.cache/keyring-txGzTH/pkcs11: No such file or directory
Resolving clients2.google.com (clients2.google.com)... 74.125.225.67, 74.125.225.78, 74.125.225.72, ...
Connecting to clients2.google.com (clients2.google.com)|74.125.225.67|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: `/dev/fd/3'

[ <=> ] 16 --.-K/s in 0s

2012-10-16 10:37:27 (2.40 MB/s) - `/dev/fd/3' saved [16]


Crash dump id: 759b86dc0bf3ce1a
Bus error


3) Lotus Note 8.5.3 stops working. Loops on "loading.. please wait". Likely one of the plugins is not loading because something it relies on decided to break via UP5.

4) keepass2 stopped working but keepassX continues to function.
Native stacktrace:

/usr/bin/cli() [0x4983b9]
/usr/bin/cli() [0x41ff07]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0xf030) [0x7f51a78fe030]
/usr/bin/cli(mono_shared_area+0xcc) [0x5c648c]
/usr/bin/cli(mono_perfcounters_init+0x13) [0x563093]
/usr/bin/cli() [0x5135dc]
/usr/bin/cli() [0x420a66]
/usr/bin/cli(mono_main+0x301) [0x473431]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xfd) [0x7f51a7586ead]
/usr/bin/cli() [0x419219]

Debug info from gdb:


=================================================================
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

Aborted

5) vmware doesn't want to start (I am using the same kernel as before the upgrade so kernel modules are loaded and were not altered as part of the upgrade).

I've updated from UP2 to UP3 to UP4 in the past. They all went relatively smooth, even to UP4.
Last edited by ddurdle on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ddurdle
Level 3
Level 3
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:03 am

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Re: My Many Issues Post-UP5

Postby ddurdle on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:44 am

autokey seems to be inflicted by this known issue that has no resolution (that affects all python apps that make use of the gui)
-> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/962639

fix (I have not tested yet) -> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=688128

I had to rollback to UP4 because I needed to get some work done.

I will try upgrading on a spare machine (uses the same image) and then try some of the fixes. Chrome I was able to fix by installing an earlier version, and the lotus notes I think I have a workaround (but will need to test).

I also noticed vmware didn't work after the upgrade. I went back and edited the post to reflect this. I never had any time to troubleshoot it's issue.
ddurdle
Level 3
Level 3
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:03 am

Re: My Many Issues Post-UP5

Postby ddurdle on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:30 pm

1) Autokey stops working

status - fixed

download 0.90.1-1.1 from Debian repositories (fix included) -- LMDE only has 0.90.1-1 (broken)

2) google-chrome stops working (stable 22 release)

status - fixed

reinstalled

3) Lotus Note 8.5.3

status - fixed, found workaround

4) keepass2 stopped working but keepassX continues to function.

status - not reproduceable after a 2nd reboot
ddurdle
Level 3
Level 3
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:03 am


Return to Update/Upgrade Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests