MAH SISTAH MAKES MAH ANGWAH!

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Knuckl3head

MAH SISTAH MAKES MAH ANGWAH!

Post by Knuckl3head »

One time I let my sister on here for 10 minutes. Just 10 minutes and she went ahead and deleted initrd.img-3.0-32-generic. Completely... Ruined... My... Mint. :twisted:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
heavy metal
Level 3
Level 3

Re: MAH SISTAH MAKES MAH ANGWAH!

Post by heavy metal »

That's why I always make separated and limited users accounts for everybody who wants to use my Mint, so they cannot screw my computer :!: :lol: :idea:
Debian 12 Gnome on a MSI H61M-P25 (B3) PC & on a Dell Latitude E6410 & HP EliteBook 8540p Laptops.
LMDE 6 on a Panasonic ToughBook CF-C1 Laptop.
Bodhi Linux 7 on a HP Compaq DC5750 Small Form Factor PC.
Windows 11 on a Intel DH55TC PC.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

That seems an awfully specific file to delete? Either your sister is a nascent 1337 h4x0r, or this was an incredibly unlucky accidental deletion. But you can't delete that file without root privileges, for which you'd need your password... I think your sister has taught you a valuable lesson about not sharing passwords :wink:
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

xenopeek wrote:I think your sister has taught you a valuable lesson about not sharing passwords :wink:
...and creating separate, regular user accounts for non-admins.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
Knuckl3head

Post by Knuckl3head »

Phuuhh... She was trying to find out how to open up my video project. I knew that all she deleted was initrd. That is what boot up showed me. God only knows what other files were deleted. :?:

Return to “Open Chat”