Frozen calendar on Thunderbird Lightning

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lio-aile13
Level 1
Level 1

Frozen calendar on Thunderbird Lightning

Post by lio-aile13 »

Hi everybody. I'm running Mint 12 since a year and very please of it.

I have been unable to use the calendar with Lightning in Thunderbird (since I installed Mint and Thunderbird).

Indeedd, it is impossible to create a new calendar, since it is grey (no selection posssible) in the menu.
In the properties, the 'timezone' selection is empty, maybe it is the source of the problem ?

Please, help !
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Frozen calendar on Thunderbird Lightning

Post by remoulder »

Is the lightning add-on installed, is it enabled in Tools | Add-ons, is it the correct version - have you tried updating it?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
lio-aile13
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lio-aile13 »

Hi remoulder, yes, the lightning add-on is installed with the correct version and enabled in the Tools.

I'm curretnly running the last updates (Thunderbird 16.0.1 + Lightning 1.8), but the problem was present in all the previous version.
note: I've put my Thunderbird profile on a FAT32 partition (to share with W......s). Problem with permissions ? Altough I can store my emails without issues.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

lio-aile13 wrote:Thunderbird profile on a FAT32 partition (to share with W......s)
That's quite likely to be the issue and sorry but no idea how to solve it. You could try a different profile on the linux partition as a test perhaps? FWIW running the same versions here without issue, now or previously so the problem is with your setup. Probably not a permissions issue, more likely something to do with both linux and Windows writing to the profile?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
cpsully69

[SOLVED]: Frozen calendar on Thunderbird Lightning

Post by cpsully69 »

I'm having similar problem to the timezone being empty.

Running LM14_64, TB17.0, and Lightning 1.9. My calendar events are not showing up in the right time. Going to Preferences -> Calendar -> Timezones, I can't select anything.

I even tried from within a new appointment, Options -> Show Timezones, and tried selecting from there. No luck. It shows the map with UTC/GMT highlighted, and I can't change it.

I'm running the exact same TB/Lightning versions on my Ubuntu 12.04 laptop, and do not have the same problem. Which is why I'm thinking this is Mint14(or 12.10?) specific issue.

Thank you.

FWIW: The date/time/timezone is correct (and changeable) on the Mint/Cinnamon settings, just fine.

SOLVED IT! I forgot about the manual config in Mozilla products :oops: ...I went into Prefernces -> Advanced -> General/Config Editor. Changed the calendar.timezone.local to "America/New_York" Doesn't solve the weirdness completely, but gets around it for sure!

Return to “Beginner Questions”