Remastersys

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Remastersys

Post by Acid_1 »

Hello, I just tried remastersys to backup my pc, using the option for distribution for friends, and I got it to boot, however, here's the problem. I can't boot into it. I can get to the login screen, then when I login, for some reason using my real pswd/usr name, and then it says my last session lasted less than 10 seconds, and after that, it says that I don't have permissions to write to the dvd disc. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: Remastersys

Post by proxima_centauri »

I don't know what you mean about the first part, but you created a LiveCD/DVD. As far as i know, you can not make persistent changes to the disc because it is finalized. Same deal as any other LiveCD/DVD, you can fool around with the pre-configured system and make changes that don't stick, or you can install.
If you burned a distribution backup I thought it should skip login since it's meant to be generic, but I know know for sure, I've only made complete backups that require my username/password.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Remastersys

Post by Acid_1 »

okies. However, I can get in through a terminal, so, I was wondering, are you able to use the Mint installer to install the system through the terminal. If so, how/?

Return to “Installation & Boot”