About Mint 14 KDE

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gazpacho

About Mint 14 KDE

Post by Gazpacho »

Hi!,

Now that Ubuntu 12.10 is out, I've asked myself when Mint 14 KDE will be out. I've no hurry, I'm very comfortable with Maya, just I'd like to know some estimated date (I'm asking because I've found nothing in Linux Mint Blog)

thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
alexvoda

Re: About Mint 14 KDE

Post by alexvoda »

Also about Mint 14 KDE.
Is there any chance it will come in green by default?
I never understood why the KDE edition was left blue.
I think it looks too vanilla, it lacks the mint polish, just like as if it is a less important edition with less time invested in it.
It's not like the color blue is essential to KDE. KDEs branding depends a lot more on gears and the "K" letter kontaining names.
Other than Suse I don't remember any distro that attempted to really customize KDE.
I always admired how Suse managed to have a common theme across all DEs, time after time, every single version.
But as much as I like Suse, I prefer Linux Mint.
I would really love Linux Mint 14 KDE edition to be green like the other three editions.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: About Mint 14 KDE

Post by xenopeek »

Usually the MATE and Cinnamon editions are released first, and the Xfce and KDE editions a little later. Linux Mint 14 MATE and Cinnamon are planned for release in November 2012. With the developers also working on the next LMDE Update Pack (UP6) and a refresh for the LMDE ISOs, that is probably happing in December. Giving a window of probably late January/early February for Linux Mint 13 Xfce and KDE.

Another way to look at it is that Linux Mint KDE is updated every 6 months. Linux Mint 12 KDE was released February 3rd 2012. Linux Mint 13 KDE was released July 23rd 2012. So Linux Mint 14 KDE will probably be released as I estimated above.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”