Sound doesn't sound 'right'.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
J0Y

Sound doesn't sound 'right'.

Post by J0Y »

Hi,

I recently migrated to Linux Mint 13 and I now have a terrible sound problem. Every thing else seems to be working, but for the sound, the quality is lacking, it sounds really bad.

How can I fix this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Sound doesn't sound 'right'.

Post by Flemur »

Edit: Sound can be a PITA on linux.

Check out this current thread: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=110044

And in case you don't get a better answer -
- I've had VLC sound bad and everything else sound OK (choppy - silence and sound alternate a couple of times/second). Try different programs.
- Run "alsamixer" and make sure volumes are high enough
- I always need to install "pulse" and "pavucontrol" to "record what you hear", and it seems to solve other problems.
- Perhaps reinstall "alsa" and associated parts.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
J0Y

Post by J0Y »

The sound is sounding more 'normal' after changing some of the sound settings to Unamplified etc. But now, I've found that my subwoofer isn't working.

What could be the problem?
linuxbacon

Post by linuxbacon »

I hade the same problem on my Linux Mint 13 KDE. I was lissening to music on youtube The instruments sounded almost good, but the voice of the singer was lacking bad. Almost as if the singer was singing in another room.

Then I touched/roled my headphones plugin connection to the computer. Everythning is fixed. Somehow it was connected but yet not.

Now I can lissen to music again!

Return to “Sound”