[BUG] shifted wallpaper with dual screen setup

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dbum

[BUG] shifted wallpaper with dual screen setup

Post by dbum »

Hello friends,

this is supposed to be both a bug report and a 'any idea how to fix it?'-thread. I wasn't succesful finding this problem on this or any other forum. I'm posting this here because it only occurs to me on Cinnamon.

My setup:
Acer 1810t laptop with HDMI out (Intel GMA 4500MHD GFX-Card)
LMDE12 32bit using Cinnamon
Samsung 40" LED TV

And here is what happens:

This is my desktop without my TV attached via HDMI:
Now I attach it via HDMI, and it looks just as it is supposed to:
When I unplug it again, though, my wallpaper is shifted:
And when I plug it in again, it stays like this, on both screens.

And nothing fixes this. Plugging and unplugging the TV keeps the shifted wallpaper. Restarting Cinnamon doesn't help. Changing the wallpaper doesn't help. I have to kill the X-server (ctrl+alt+backspace) and log in again to get the wallpaper back in order.

This only happens in Cinnamon, not in MATE. It seems like a bug to me, but can you gurus think of a way for me to fix this? It would be very appreciated.

Best regards,
Daniel
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
uxinity

Re: [BUG] shifted wallpaper with dual screen setup

Post by uxinity »

Any news on this?

I have the same issue with Linux Mint 13.
dbum

Post by dbum »

Not for me. Shortly after posting this here I filed this. Got closed with a reference to something that has no relevance on this problem.
funkeh

Post by funkeh »

There's a simple fix, I've found. However, it involves installing [url=apt://gnome-tweak-tool]Gnome Tweak Tool[/url]. You can uninstall it afterwards if you want.

In Tweak Tool, go to the Desktop submenu and toggle the "Have file manager handle the desktop" switch to off.

This solved this issue for me. I've had this issue before in other desktop environments. For some reason, this always solves it.

Return to “LMDE Archive”