Frustrated with popups jumping desktops and such

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
lizbeth

Frustrated with popups jumping desktops and such

Post by lizbeth »

How do I keep programs on a desktop - to stay on that desktop in cinnamon? I get sick of popups jumping desktops and whole programs jumping desktops when they decide they want attention. I hate it when my computer get add. What can be done to restrict programs and their respective popups to stay on the desktop i start them on? This is after all why I use six desktops. If I want to work on one desktop, I would just use WINDOWS 7... was that going to far... i feel that might have been to far..
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vidtek
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Frustrated with popups jumping desktops and such

Post by vidtek »

I couldn't agree more. We use Linux to avoid this kind of crap.
Recently I have an annoying box pop-up every time I log in Google asking for my email password.

What's the go with this? Damned annoying.

Tony
Asus Z270 i7 16gb ram 8.25tb GT960 TSB6205 Quad tuner 64-bit Mint 18.2 Sonya KDE & win 10 Be/FE myth 0.28
Laptop Samsung NP R580 i5 nvidia linux ultimate & win 10
lizbeth

Re: Frustrated with popups jumping desktops and such

Post by lizbeth »

So like if I'm working in Virtualbox and a window pops up that wants attention, it pops up on my current desktop and drags the whole virtualbox program with it.... hello? What's the point of having multiple desktops? If a window pops up and wants attention it should stay on that desktop and when I'm ready to check on it, ill peek in on it. This is the whole point of it all, to not be constantly interrupted. I need to be in charge of my computer, not the other way around.

Return to “LMDE Archive”