LM 13 KDE - Troubles

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LindseyD.
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LM 13 KDE - Troubles

Post by LindseyD. »

Hi zerozero:

First off, I want to thank you for keeping me going. I was pretty depressed the last time I wrote.
zerozero wrote:i wouldn't be so radical at first, maybe rename them, create a new user, move .kde out of the way for some time.
Yes, I meant rename.

I now have sound thanks to this post: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&t=109262
and solved my Kate problem by editing the menu. Turns out, it had an -s switch with the name of a session I kept deleting and it kept coming back because of the -s switch. Wish I'd found that out earlier, because it's been driving me crazy since the Mint9 install. And you were quite right, the problem was due to having an old /home.
zerozero wrote:move .kde out of the way for some time.
Rename the whole .kde folder? Hmm ... if I get desperate again :)
And, since you're a moderator, I'd like to make a suggestion for a thread something like: Mint13 Maya fixes and workarounds When I was on K/Ubuntu they had a thread like that for every release. The thread would be (hopefully) a one-stop shop for fixes and workarounds, so more focused than this one.

I could, of course, just start it, but as people inevitably ask questions or go on rants it would have to be closely moderated--perhaps more work than anyone wants to take on.

I shall persevere.
Mint17 KDE
zerozero

Re: LM 13 KDE - Troubles

Post by zerozero »

LindseyD. wrote:First off, I want to thank you for keeping me going.
you're welcome and sorry for the delay in getting back to you :oops:
LindseyD. wrote:And, since you're a moderator, I'd like to make a suggestion for a thread something like: Mint13 Maya fixes and workarounds When I was on K/Ubuntu they had a thread like that for every release. The thread would be (hopefully) a one-stop shop for fixes and workarounds, so more focused than this one.

I could, of course, just start it, but as people inevitably ask questions or go on rants it would have to be closely moderated--perhaps more work than anyone wants to take on.
i won't mind (at all) moderate closely such a topic but i'm not the right person to open it mainly because i don't use any ubuntu-based edition (apart from brief tests)

Return to “Software & Applications”