How to completely replace thunar in maya xfce?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jupiter66

How to completely replace thunar in maya xfce?

Post by jupiter66 »

I'm on mint 13 xfce 64 bit. I installed nautilus and use it as my main file manager. However, thunar still manages the desktop and (more important) inserted media. How can I make nautilus completely replace thunar and prevent any thunar running in the background (preferably system-wide)?

If I remember well, a previous mint xfce edition was shipped with nautilus instead thunar, so it may be possible to do it in maya.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RytronII
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How to completely replace thunar in maya xfce?

Post by RytronII »

Bump.

I'd also like to know.
Husse: "Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it."
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: How to completely replace thunar in maya xfce?

Post by karlchen »

Hello, RytronII.

The best that I can come up with is this Askubuntu thread: Desktop can't delete file because thunar was replaced by nautilus (Xubuntu 12.04).
Hm, also found this: Set Nautilus as default file manager in Xubuntu
Cannot tell whether the offered solutions do work properly or at all. Have got no wish of trying to replace Thunar by Nautilus. - But after all Linux Mint xfce and Xubuntu are pretty close relatives.
And finally a more general howto article explaining how to switch default file managers in general: DefaultFileManager

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Xfce”