How Do I Get Baxk My LM "Debian" Background? [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
odo5435

How Do I Get Baxk My LM "Debian" Background? [SOLVED]

Post by odo5435 »

After recently updating to UP5 using Mint Update on an ASUS eeePC, curiosity prompted me to to try this:
Screenshot - Maya Background.png
I then tried them to see what they looked like but decided I preferred my 'Debian' look as a background (BTW both of the 'gelsan' backgrounds are LM13/Maya - not LM14/Nadia).

When I went to Settings > Desktop > Backgrounds to change back to it, the image is no longer listed (it was listed as 'Default' I think after the update but before I fiddled). Synaptic shows I have both the mint-backgrounds-debian and mint-backgrounds-xfce packages installed so I know it must be somewhere (probably hidden) but have no idea where to look to locate the image to re-add it to the list. Can anyone help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wayne128

Re: How Do I Get Baxk My LM "Debian" Background?

Post by wayne128 »

When I went to Settings > Desktop > Backgrounds to change back to it, the image is no longer listed
(it was listed as 'Default' I think after the update but before I fiddled). Synaptic shows I have both the mint-backgrounds-debian and mint-backgrounds-xfce packages installed so I know it must be somewhere (probably hidden) but have no idea where to look to locate the image to re-add it to the list. Can anyone help?
Trying.. however, just my method of changing wallpaper.

I used xfce, and one thing I do is to collect lots of wallpaper of my liking and save them in one folder.
Whenever I play with another distro on xfce, I simple copy the directory of wallpaper to anywhere in the new distros.
Then browse to it, select whichever wallpaper I wish, right click the file, in the popup windows, click 'set as wallpaper' and thus I have a new wallpaper.

If you wish to save this wallpaper or any other photos onto the xfce , you can go
settings > desktop > background, from here, you see the list of images like thumbnail size,

http://i46.tinypic.com/2lc2150.png

under it , click the '+' to add , then browse to your saved directory on wallpaper images, select and click.. it should now go into the list of background images.
seppalta

Re: How Do I Get Baxk My LM "Debian" Background?

Post by seppalta »

The backgrounds directory is /usr/share/backgrounds . http://lxlinux.com/#20
odo5435

Re: How Do I Get Baxk My LM "Debian" Background? [SOLVED]

Post by odo5435 »

Thank you both for your replies.

I've taken note of your excellent suggestion @wayne128 and will keep it in mind but I'm afraid my inherent laziness will probably lead me to leave things where they are. Besides, there are so many beautiful, stunning wallpapers I can never make up my mind so tend to stick to the distro logo (which also helps remind me where I am when running two Mints with three D/Es across three machines).

I found the 'missing' background exactly where you said said it would be @seppalta. It was in it's own directory within the directory which presumably is why it wasn't showing on my initial listing.

I'm all Debianified again now that the background is baxk. :oops: Thanks.

Return to “LMDE Archive”