Desktop Screenshots Thread - October 2012

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rocuronium

Re: Desktop Screenshots Thread - October 2012

Post by rocuronium »

R0BW wrote:My current LM13 set up:

I love your Conky setup!
R0BW

Post by R0BW »

rocuronium wrote:I love your Conky setup!
Thanks, I customised Ballon Conky by changing the music setup to Spotify (following these instuctions here) and adding weather conky.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

coffeetime wrote:Image
wELCOme to the forums :D and with a wonderful setup 8)
GeneC

Post by GeneC »

Oh Dear!...... :shock: .......... :lol:

vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

My Halloween Desktop:

[Debian-Testing] Crunchbang-11 Waldorf 20121015 (x64) with Fluxbox WM
bangdoel

Post by bangdoel »

Hi All this is my desktop. I use Linux Mint Debian Edition :)

I create the wallpaper by myself. if u like it just download it from this link Wallpaper LMDE
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

rocuronium

Post by rocuronium »

bangdoel wrote:Hi All this is my desktop. I use Linux Mint Debian Edition :)

I create the wallpaper by myself. if u like it just download it from this link Wallpaper LMDE
Nice work on the background -- I really like it!

Welcome to the forums!
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

palo wrote:Image
I really like this setup.
nacsasoft

Post by nacsasoft »

Ok...This is My LMDE KDE shots....

Clean :

http://fav.me/d5iw1ey

Dirty

http://fav.me/d5iw1wd
xxmlud
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xxmlud »

Hello Comunity
Kubuntu 12.10
Theme: Caledonia
Clean

Dirty

Saludos!
ImageImage
¡Made for YOU!
twodogs
Level 4
Level 4

Post by twodogs »

Linux Mint 13 Maya Cinnamon (1.6.3) 64-Bit

palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

cwwgateway wrote: I really like this setup.
Thanks. I do too and think I'm sticking with it awhile. Knocked it down to what I want and wouldn't even have icons but the missus likes having at least FF and I have fun making them. She had no problem learning how to control windows with no borders.

Pat
coffeetime

Post by coffeetime »

zerozero wrote: wELCOme to the forums :D and with a wonderful setup 8)

Tnx zereozero :D

My latest

cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

palo wrote:
cwwgateway wrote: I really like this setup.
Thanks. I do too and think I'm sticking with it awhile. Knocked it down to what I want and wouldn't even have icons but the missus likes having at least FF and I have fun making them. She had no problem learning how to control windows with no borders.

Pat
I've been trying to use E17 (and some of the WMs) more often, but I haven't really got into tweaking them too much. I really like how the icons are put onto the wallpaper, especially the firefox one.
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

twodogs wrote:Linux Mint 13 Maya Cinnamon (1.6.3) 64-Bit

I think this is very clean - it reminds me a lot of some of the screenshots of gnome 2 - it is very clean, simple, and functional, yet very nice looking. It shows how the wallpaper and other, smaller details like conky can add a lot to the overall effect - Mint by default uses either the same or a similar theme, but it doesn't look nearly as good.
twodogs
Level 4
Level 4

Post by twodogs »

cwwgateway wrote:

I think this is very clean - it reminds me a lot of some of the screenshots of gnome 2 - it is very clean, simple, and functional, yet very nice looking. It shows how the wallpaper and other, smaller details like conky can add a lot to the overall effect - Mint by default uses either the same or a similar theme, but it doesn't look nearly as good.
Thanks! This is just Cinnamon with the bar at the top and I added the bottom panel. I wanted it kind of 'retro.' I find that the grey's are very nice and things like icons and other parts that have color seem to 'pop out.' I am using the default Cinnamon theme - Nightlife Graphite and in my signature is a link to my setup.
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

twodogs wrote:
cwwgateway wrote:

Thanks! This is just Cinnamon with the bar at the top and I added the bottom panel. I wanted it kind of 'retro.' I find that the grey's are very nice and things like icons and other parts that have color seem to 'pop out.' I am using the default Cinnamon theme - Nightlife Graphite and in my signature is a link to my setup.
I can't find the post right now, but a while ago in the old 300+ pages long desktop screenshot thread there was a small discussion about how people would dress up their desktops for a screenshot, but they weren't something you'd want to use everyday. I'm often guilty of this - my desktops are usually fairly usable, but they're not always something I use everyday. Yours is the opposite in that respect - its very usable and simple, but it does have a nice Gnome 2 feel with the nice icon theme/grey cinnamon theme contrast.
twodogs
Level 4
Level 4

Post by twodogs »

@ cwwgateway

Thanks for the nice words. Yeah, I use this desktop all the time. My grandson (he's 4 now) is getting into computers and the desktop below is one of my old ones and he uses a variation of this except with Cinnamon. He likes the monsters!

palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

twodogs > I especially like yours - simple yet not too dark. I bet your grandson knows what all those monsters are for.

coffeetime > Your screenies are more beautiful than ever (if that were possible). I think you are in the right place and hope you will grace us with a screenie vid.....pretty please :D :D :D

Pat

Edit: Oh I forgot...the thread gets locked at the end of the month. Maybe vrkalak can stop doing that.

Return to “Screenshots”