Greetings!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Scotsman828

Greetings!

Post by Scotsman828 »

Greetings and Thank you to the LinuxMint Cinnamon Team.
I'm an import from PCLinuxOS. Been looking for a replacement Linux Distro for about a year now, because PCLinuxOS is falling behind. When KDE went to the Plasma Desktop, I didn't like the directions KDE was going, so I switched to Gnome 2.32 and loved it. Until the Gnome team, for whatever reason, decided to reinvent the wheel and create Gnome 3. I don't have to get into how much people don't like it, including me. So I was left with LXDE or Xfce. LXDE is too simplied and Xfce still needs alot of work. So after what seemed like endless searching for a new desktop OS, I finally found LinuxMint Cinnamon. I have to say that I love it. It hits the perfect balance of a modern desktop OS with nice effects without overburdening my system. It still has some bugs but nothing that makes the desktop unusable and it's quickly evolving into a better desktop with every update. My only gripe is not having a Control Center like PCLinuxOS so I can change drivers and hardware. Kuddos to the entire Cinnamon team for developing such a beautiful desktop.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rocuronium

Re: Greetings!

Post by rocuronium »

Welcome! I hope that you continue to love Mint -- I know that I do!
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Scotsman828, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums!.

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard

Return to “Introduce Yourself”