Clementine and Album Art? [Solved]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Armstrong
Level 4
Level 4

Clementine and Album Art? [Solved]

Post by Armstrong »

I'm new to Linux (Mint 13 KDE) and have found Clementine to be the most useful music player, for me. When I instruct Clementine to retrieve album art for the CD's I've ripped, usually it finds them, and presumably they are downloaded (as jpg files). Upon doing this for the first CD, the album art briefly appeared while I was playing the music. Then, just as quickly, it disappeared. I have done this for a number of CD's, and the only image that appears is a black & white picture of a CD in a jewel case. As near as I can gather, Clementine is retrieving the images from Last.fm, for which I do not have a subscription. While it is not a critical issue with me, I would like Clementine to display the album art when I play the music. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can accomplish this? Thanks!
Slainte,
Hunter
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Clementine and Album Art?

Post by zerozero »

if you go to tools > cover manager you'll see several options there: right-clicking the thumbnail will give you a context menu that will do what you want.
the option "search for album covers" gives you results from amazon, last.fm and discogs
Armstrong
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Clementine and Album Art?

Post by Armstrong »

zerozero, Thanks for the response. In most cases, I have found the art and downloaded it into jpg thumbnails. They are on my computer. My problem is that they won't present themselves in the display area when I play the album. Is it a question of file size? I don't know. At anyrate, thank you for the reply.
Hunter
Armstrong
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Clementine and Album Art? [Solved]

Post by Armstrong »

After playing around with this for a while, I think I found a [the] solution. In Clementine, drag a album into the playlist and begin playing it. You muist also be connected to the internet. When the image of the CD/jewel case appears, right click on it. Left click on "Search for album covers.." If the album art is found, highlight it and click "Okay". Then, right click on the image of the CD/jewel case again and select "Save cover to disk". So far, this is working for the album art that I have found although there is a real dearth of covers available for classical CD's. If anyone knows of other websites from which such art can be downloaded, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Hunter

Return to “Software & Applications”