change icons and resize trash icon possible?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Joe151

change icons and resize trash icon possible?

Post by Joe151 »

I'm running Linux Mint 13 64bit, XFCE desktop, and have 2 questions. :)

1. Is it possible to change the size of the trash icon only? If yes, how?

2. I have 2 shortcuts on my desktop, which point to the 2 folders where my 2 hard disks are mounted at startup. Actually, they have a folder symbol.
My system disk has a nice disk icon. And I would prefer the 2 shortcuts having this nice disk icon as well. Copying or 'drag and drop' (like in Mac OS X) don't work.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
odo5435

Re: change icons and resize trash icon possible?

Post by odo5435 »

For your first question:

Menu > Settings > Desktop then left click on the 'Icons" tab.
Screenshot - Icon Size.png

For your second question have a look at this thread. The solution only seems to allow you to choose from a limited set of symbols. I'm sure they could also be changed but you will have to wait for some one more knowledgeable than I to come along to help there.

EDIT:

Oops. Sorry, but I just read your first question properly. The solution I suggested will change all your icons. My apologies but that's as far as I can take you. Hopefully someone who can help will come along shortly.
Joe151

Post by Joe151 »

Thank you, odo5435.
Unfortunately, what is described in the thread you pointed me to, does not work for me.

Anybody else?
caribriz

Post by caribriz »

Number 1: No idea

Number 2:
Maybe similar will work for your 2 hard disks :?:

I have a data partition (linux-data) mounted at startup in folder /mnt - ie. /mnt/linux-data
Created a shortcut to it on the desktop by right-clicking the linux-data folder in /mnt > Send to .. Desktop (Create Link)
which gave me the folder shortcut icon on the desktop:
symlink.png
To get a different icon for it on desktop instead:
Right-clicked Desktop > Create launcher
Typed in name: linux-data
In Command: typed thunar /mnt/linux-data
Icon: clicked "No icon", clicked down arrow next to "Select icon from", clicked Device icons, clicked on preferred hard disk icon, clicked ok, clicked Create
desktop icons.png
Clicking either icon opens the folder.

caribriz
Joe151

Post by Joe151 »

Great! Number 2 is solved. Thank you!

It's a bit strange that you cannot change the icon by clicking on it. I really hope, that will be changed.
caribriz

Post by caribriz »

Joe151 wrote:It's a bit strange that you cannot change the icon by clicking on it. I really hope, that will be changed.
Yes, it's a simple thing, and easy to do in Cinnamon and others.
Otherwise xfce is reasonably configurable ... this is just an annoying little "quirk", and maybe in a future version it will be different.
Glad you got number 2 sorted out at least, even though it was ......messy :)

caribriz

Return to “Xfce”