Hello

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dm319

Hello

Post by dm319 »

I have just made the move to linux mint 13 mate.

Started using ubuntu 9.04 when WGA notifications on winXP annoyed me enough to consider drastic action! Since then we've moved all our computers to linux, and could never go back (tried win7, and it only reminded me of how much I disliked xp). My main computer for the past 9 years is an IBM thinkpad T40, which I bought new for a large amount of money back in and have been very happy with since.

I upgraded finally to 12.04 from 10.04, but found unity 2D to be sluggish. Falback worked ok, but was still sluggish compared to gnome 2.

Now linux mint mate is fast, functional and looks great - v happy.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Hello

Post by xenopeek »

Hi dm319, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums! When running MATE you might consider upgrading to version 1.4. It has more bugfixes for the old GNOME 2 code, and some new features. See here: http://mate-desktop.org/2012/07/30/mate-1-4-released/. If you want to upgrade, the steps for that are here if you don't want to wait: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 15#p624015.

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas). You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome aboard dm319! :P
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
jesica