Mint is acting funny

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nwcyclist

Mint is acting funny

Post by nwcyclist »

I just installed Linux Mint 13 with Cinnamon on a drive with Windows XP Pro SP3 already on it. But it's acting a bit strange. Every once in a while, it freezes, especially if I start messing with the settings, and I have to reboot. When it asks me If I want to boot to linux or windows I choose linux, but every time, it says "finishing installation" or something along those lines. And when I get to the desktop I still see the little icon that says "Install Linux Mint." The live cd is not in the dvd drive. I've installed previous versions in the past and this is the first time something like this has happened.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mint is acting funny

Post by xenopeek »

Did you install with mint4win? It sounds like you need to complete the installation steps by clicking the icon.
nwcyclist

Re: Mint is acting funny

Post by nwcyclist »

I did use mint 4 win. I haven't used it before. I guess I just didn't realze that's what I had to do. I'll try it and see if it works. Thanks.

Return to “Installation & Boot”