[SOLVED] Microphone not working on Toshiba T130-15F

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
m4daredsun

[SOLVED] Microphone not working on Toshiba T130-15F

Post by m4daredsun »

Dear experts,

I am running Mint 9 64-bit on my Toshiba T130-15F. Almost everything works fine, but I cannot manage to use the integrated microphone. I already googled for some solutions, but I had no luck.

These are the things I have already tried:

1) add model quriks to /etc/modprob.d/alsa-base.conf -> this allows me to use an external microphone and headset, but the integrated mic is mute. I tried

Code: Select all

options snd-hda-intel model=olpc-xo-1_5
or

Code: Select all

options snd-hda-intel model=thinkpad
2) install linux-alsa-driver-modules from repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/ppa -> nothing changes. I still need a model quirk to use the external headphones and mic and the integrated mic doesn't catch any input :( :( :(

I already submitted the bug to launchpad (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/665302), but does anybody have an idea of what I can try next?

Thanx
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
m4daredsun

Re: Microphone not working on Toshiba T130-15F [Conexant CX2

Post by m4daredsun »

No ideas??

Please, I am very sad...............

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Enna

Post by Enna »

Did you try this?

to solve microphone trouble, a very simple solution is:

1. Open PulseAudio volume control
2. Click Input tab
3.Click the middle one of the three buttons in the right hand corner
PulseAudio.png
4. Put one channel down to about 10% and the other to about 90% (most microphones only have one input channel, so with both channels up it's booting itself out).
5. Restart your computer and start a Skype test call!

Good luck!
Anutesyn

Post by Anutesyn »

This fixed my problems! Thanks a lot Enna!
m4daredsun

Post by m4daredsun »

Enna wrote:Did you try this?

to solve microphone trouble, a very simple solution is:

1. Open PulseAudio volume control
2. Click Input tab
3.Click the middle one of the three buttons in the right hand corner
PulseAudio.png
4. Put one channel down to about 10% and the other to about 90% (most microphones only have one input channel, so with both channels up it's booting itself out).
5. Restart your computer and start a Skype test call!

Good luck!
Tried but did not solve my issue :(

Thanks anyway
Camzl1

Post by Camzl1 »

Came across this post when searching for answers on the same topic for my Toshiba T135d 13" laptop. Same problem in Mint 10 then switched to PClinux OS 2011.6. Computer worked better but still same mic problem. I then tried the live dvd of Mint 11 and the headphones and external mic worked fine, but still not the internal. Not wanting to mess too much, I installed gnome-alsa mixer through synaptic and for the first time I have select-able mic channels. I switched to mic F and then chose OK and now the internal mic works just fine. After that I permanently installed and went through the process again as the changes didn't save from the live dvd and they are once again working. I know this is an old post but thought it might help.
m4daredsun

Post by m4daredsun »

After few years the problem is finally solved.
I installed Mint 13 KDE some days ago and everything works now.
I am very happy :D :D :D :D

Return to “Hardware Support”