Mint 13 and skype 4.0.0.8 camera upside down

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Oyabunbaba

Mint 13 and skype 4.0.0.8 camera upside down

Post by Oyabunbaba »

Under linux mint 12 and skype 2.0.35 i fix the problem with this common line

Code: Select all

env LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype
Now i installed mint 13 and newest skype 4, and this fix do not work anymore. is there any fix for this? laptop asus k70
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oyabunbaba

Re: Mint 13 and skype 4.0.0.8 camera upside down

Post by Oyabunbaba »

No one knows?! ppl you don't use skype or what? anyone? Geez how supportive forum, :x really...
Oyabunbaba

Post by Oyabunbaba »

Bump
syretten

Post by syretten »

I have the same problem and havn't been able to fix it in mint 13 cinnamon.
Any help on this issue, that i know is a ASUS mistake, would be much appreciated:)
aris_

Post by aris_ »

Oyabunbaba wrote:Under linux mint 12 and skype 2.0.35 i fix the problem with this common line

env LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype
Now i installed mint 13 and newest skype 4, and this fix do not work anymore. is there any fix for this? laptop asus k70
Hey I think the reason this comand doesn't work anymore is because the location of the libv4l directory has changed in linux mint 13. Try this:

env LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype
or this:

env LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype
either might work depending on your build. The first one works fine for me on Maya with skype 4.0.0.8

Otherwise just try to search for libv4l directory using nautilus and put the correct address.

Hope this helps!
Oyabunbaba

Post by Oyabunbaba »

Hey i didn't try it yet but i think it might work, especially that you said, it work for you ! :) thank you in advance (^ - ^)
Yea, and i also have an ASUS laptop with cam up/down :/
andersau
Level 2
Level 2

Post by andersau »

We have an asus laptop which had the same problem, the camera had been installed up side down. We took the panel apart and put it back the right way up - it wasn't hard and video in Skype now works right way up.
mr_talicni_tom

Post by mr_talicni_tom »

hey guys ... i know this is old problem but i solwed my problem with camera when i typed in first code

env LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype
but now i have a problem which is when ever i run skype again i have to put this code in terminal to fix camera , so can some1 tell me how to fix that problem typing this code just ones?

Return to “Hardware Support”