session and startup application autostart list

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dragonfiesta

session and startup application autostart list

Post by dragonfiesta »

short version: what does a fresh install of mint 13 xfce have enabled in the session and startup application autostart list.

Ok I am not sure what I did but my audio stopped working the other day, now to fix it I opened the session and startup program and enabled pulseaudio with kde settings and the sound came back on.
YAY! right? no after that for some reason ffmpeg could no longer capture audio with the command I had been using. (that command is " ffmpeg -f alsa -ac 2 -i pulse -f x11grab -s wxga -r 30 -s 1600x900 -i :0.0 -sameq /myawesomevideos/howMuchIRock.mkv")
so I started going through the settings in the startup at some point of turning things on and off I got ffmpeg to record audio from the speakers but not the mic so I kept trying and lost all recording audio again
so what does a fresh install have enabled in the session and startup application autostart list
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jjaythomas

Re: session and startup application autostart list

Post by jjaythomas »

Pulse Audio

is usually started as a service... system>services (if installed in Xfce)

J.Jay
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: session and startup application autostart list

Post by xenopeek »

This is a screengrab from the default autostart list. Is that helpful?

Return to “Xfce”