Newbie, trouble installing adobe flashplayer 11.2 on Mint 13

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
VeronicaRose

Newbie, trouble installing adobe flashplayer 11.2 on Mint 13

Post by VeronicaRose »

Here is the screen shot of my terminal message after I "sudo apt-get"
gvfs-fuse depends on gvfs (= 1.12.1-0ubuntu1.1); however:
Package gvfs is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing gvfs-fuse (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of nux-tools:No apport report written because MaxReports is reached already

nux-tools depends on libgl1-mesa-glx | libgl1; however:
Package libgl1-mesa-glx is not configured yet.
Package libgl1 is not installed.
Package libgl1-mesa-glx which provides libgl1 is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing nux-tools (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Setting up ruby1.8 (1.8.7.352-2ubuntu1.1) ...No apport report written because MaxReports is reached already

update-alternatives: error: cannot stat file '/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-i386/jre/lib/i386/IcedTeaPlugin.so': Input/output error
dpkg: error processing ruby1.8 (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
No apport report written because MaxReports is reached already
Errors were encountered while processing:
libgl1-mesa-glx
x11-utils
gnome-media
phonon-backend-gstreamer
libglu1-mesa
firefox
adobe-flashplugin
adobe-flash-properties-gtk
firefox-globalmenu
gvfs-daemons
gvfs
gvfs-backends
gvfs-fuse
nux-tools
ruby1.8
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
veronica@Laptop ~ $
Any one out there able to walk me through how to get my flash player installed so I can use a crucial online medical application?
Thanks for any help. ~V~
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Newbie, trouble installing adobe flashplayer 11.2 on Min

Post by remoulder »

I don't see what any of this output has to do with installing flashplayer. What it shows is that you have many dependency/broken package issues which could be the result of you trying to install or remove something. Unless you can provide more information I fail to see how anyone can help. FWIW flash is pre-installed in mint so shouldn't need installing anyway.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

Do like remoulder said:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin
or
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer
Last edited by jungle_boy on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

jungle_boy wrote:1- Download the adobe flash player here:
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utilitie ... 8853.shtml
@jungle_boy: this is unnecessary, especially downloading from a 3rd party site, why not just d/l direct from Adobe? All you need to do in mint/ubuntu is

or
both of which will d/l and install correctly the latest available version direct from Adobe. This is unlikely to help the op however as they have dependency issues/broken packages they need to resolve first.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

adobe flashpalyer 11 is in the repository go to menu> Administration> synaptic and do a search for flash. one of the first ones that comes up will be adobe flashplayer you want to install the one that says adobe-flash-plugin it will pull flashplayer with it.
good luck
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

remoulder wrote:
jungle_boy wrote:1- Download the adobe flash player here:
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utilitie ... 8853.shtml
@jungle_boy: this is unnecessary, especially downloading from a 3rd party site, why not just d/l direct from Adobe? All you need to do in mint/ubuntu is

or
both of which will d/l and install correctly the latest available version direct from Adobe. This is unlikely to help the op however as they have dependency issues/broken packages they need to resolve first.
Thanks remoulder;

The flash plugin in Adobe is the same in synaptic (xxx.403), the link that I posted have a xxx.328 version; yes sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin fix the problem.

Thanks!
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
VeronicaRose

Post by VeronicaRose »

Thank you all for your input. I guess I need help in resolving the dependency problems. I had just updated my system and then tried to install the lasted version of the adobe flash when the trouble started. So how do I resolve the dependency problems. Anyone able to walk me through the process?
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

VeronicaRose wrote:Thank you all for your input. I guess I need help in resolving the dependency problems. I had just updated my system and then tried to install the lasted version of the adobe flash when the trouble started. So how do I resolve the dependency problems. Anyone able to walk me through the process?
I'm not sure I understand what your asking did you install adobe flash plugin for the repository? if now try that first. your really do not have to install it from adobe.
go to synaptic search for flash-plugin and one of the first ones that comes up is adobe flash. install the plugin and it will pull all the dependencies and adobe-flashplayer 11.

go to a terminal and do the following one command at a time.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get purge flashplugin

that should do it for you. open a browser and check to make sure flash is working.
good luck
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Fudger

Post by Fudger »

The easiest way I have found to fix dependency errors after trying to install new programs is to use Synaptic (Package Manager in Mint menu).
Click reload to refresh the database of software installed on your computer and software available in the repositories, then use the menu option: Edit >> Fix Broken Packages.
Follow any instructions (depends on what the problem is).

Good luck

Return to “Software & Applications”