Linux Mint 13 - problem with wired PPPoE internet

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ziezi

Linux Mint 13 - problem with wired PPPoE internet

Post by ziezi »

I'm very disappointed from Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon and KDE editions.
Two years I am happy user of Linux Mint 11.
Yesterday I decided to install Linux Mint 13. Then was start my problems with internet connection. I use wired PPPoE .
I was very unpleasantly surprised, that can't accomplish internet connection with pppoeconf like Linux Mint 11.
I give up. I will stay on Mint 11, and I consider to try other distribution like Ultimate Edition....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Rahul Wiley

Re: Linux Mint 13 - problem with wired PPPoE internet

Post by Rahul Wiley »

same here too....
i know the problem is with DNS but do not know how to solve it...
arnolds

Post by arnolds »

another one here.

I managed to login via console and pppoeconf.
after a reboot, I could not manage same again.
ratanm

Post by ratanm »

I am also facing same problem with PPPoE connection. I had Ubuntu 11.10 where I was able to connect using PPPoE. Just thought to get taste of Linux Mint 13, installed it and now to my surprise no connection. Though PPPoE shows successful connection but am not able to open any pages in browser. Hoping to get a solution soon.
Stepan

Post by Stepan »

How to make boeth pppoe and eth0 connections work simultaneously? Now it's only possible to use either ppp0 or, when you turn off ppp0 connection, eth0 LAN connection (LAN sites and P2P hubs only).
davec
Level 1
Level 1

Re:Mint 13-serious network problems- with wired PPPoE intern

Post by davec »

Rahul Wiley wrote:same here too....
i know the problem is with DNS but do not know how to solve it...
I am very disappointed with mint 13 maya, I too have problems with my PPPoE connection and can no longer hard code my network setting etc resovl.conf, so I don't have to rely on gnomes network manager. After reading other comments it appears that maya has screwed up DNS as this is the first version of mint I ever had problems with. Some how mint is making my Linksys WRT54GL router drop it's PPPoE connection and everyone on the local network loses internet. I've reinstall and same problem. I put mint 9 back on PC and the problem is gone and I can hard code my network setting again. I'm sorry we will lose mint 9 support very shortly because networking in mint 13 has serious problems. After all the years of using mint's solid product I'm shocked into having to go to another distribution or even windows(yuk) to get reliable networking back on my network. I hope someone there rethinks this DNS problem or go back to the way it use to be were you could hard code all your network settings in files like - resolv.conf, Interfaces, /etc/networks, host.conf, e.g. I am very shocked after using Linux on all my PC's for about 11 years now that a problem like this can ruin my dream of staying away from windows or mac but I've seen to many network problems with mint 13 and hope you guys can get it together for the sake of mint's future.I don't want to complain but I need a reliable network for all my users.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”