Mint13 Cinnamon 64bit Surround Sound not working, onboard

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phelix9

Mint13 Cinnamon 64bit Surround Sound not working, onboard

Post by phelix9 »

Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 with 3 audio jacks in rear, running Maya 64 bit with Cinnamon, but ran into a problem; due to HDMI output, I apparently have two audio chipsets. One is the 'AMD nee ATI RS780 HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 3000-3300 Series]', and the other doesn't even show up as audio in the system information. I know it's Realtek, but the only Realtek device is the ethernet controller; 'RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)'. I have an older Logitech 5.1 surround system that has 3 analog jacks. In Windows, not a problem; the Realtek software detects that I plugged in a device, and asks what the device is. In Linux Mint, I get front audio (L & R), but nothing from the rest. How can I fix this issue?

I am a hardware guy, software is not typically my gig. Consider me smart, but a Linux noob.

This is a multiboot system, and I require Linux to run GRUB, and am attempting a total changeover to Linux, except for my gaming needs (until WINE offers full acceleration for graphics.).

Different note: My CPU is running 3 underclocked cores, and one correct. Why is this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Mint13 Cinnamon 64bit Surround Sound not working, onboar

Post by remoulder »

Have you checked the settings in Sound Preferences under the Hardware and Output tabs?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
phelix9

Re: Mint13 Cinnamon 64bit Surround Sound not working, onboar

Post by phelix9 »

Yes, indeed I have. I can only get the front speakers working.

Return to “Hardware Support”