Aspiring Linux Mint Developer

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
noeyx

Aspiring Linux Mint Developer

Post by noeyx »

Hi. I'm a librarian from the Philippines who loves Linux and FOSS. Just a quick history, I stumbled upon Linux when I was in college last 2006 and never lost interest in it since then. I distrohopped a lot from Ubuntu to Fedora to OpenSUSE to Debian and finally settled to Linux Mint. The main reason why I sticked to Linux Mint is the vibrant community and the great OS. I've been using Linux for a long time and now I think it is time for me to contribute to its development. Since I'm a librarian who doesn't have any experience in programming, what are the skills, computer science subjects, or progamming knowledge necessary for developing Linux Mint? What resources (websites, books, videos, etc.) must I use to easily and quickly learn Linux OS development?

Thanks and long live Linux Mint! :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Aspiring Linux Mint Developer

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello noeyx,
The various ways users can contribute to the Mint project are listed here
http://www.linuxmint.com/getinvolved.php
The best way to see what development projects are currently underway and to see if there is something you can contribute to is to join the Mint Development IRC Channel irc.spotchat.org #linuxmint-dev

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”