Personalised Distro

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
notthenewsreader

Personalised Distro

Post by notthenewsreader »

Hi guys

I didn't know where to post this question, so apologies if this is the wrong place. I am looking to make my own distro based off Mint Maya; I basically want all the packages I normally install after a clean install, my own theme, fonts, mouse pointer, preferences and so on. I have used remastersys in the past and it kind of does it's job, albeit with a few little snags and I thought, why don't I just make my own distro just for myself and 2 of my friends that I have managed to convert to Linux. I will, of course proudly state that it is built on Mint(Ubuntu(Debian)) but, to be perfectly honest, green is not my favourite colour and it would be nice to make my own artwork for it; plymouth art, wallpaper, etc. So this is what I started doing, however, I cannot change some of the branding from Mint 13. Can anyone explain to me how to build a distro from Ubuntu or Mint upwards? I mean - Install Ubuntu/Mint. Add packages, change the distro name to blah by.... then change the plymouth screen by.... etc. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ru1138

Re: Personalised Distro

Post by Ru1138 »

From what I've heard, Relinux is like Remastersys but gives you more options for customization. I've never tried it so I don't know if it's what you're looking for.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
notthenewsreader

Post by notthenewsreader »

Thanks to you both, I'll check them out

Return to “Other topics”