KhiKhu OS Poll [Google Docs]

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Knuckl3head

KhiKhu OS Poll [Google Docs]

Post by Knuckl3head »

Hi Minties,

As you may know, I am developing my own Linux. I have developed a poll on Google Docs. https://docs.google.com/a/cortezstudent ... c6MQ#gid=0 is the poll. I am doing this to figure out what the people need since I'll do with pretty much any other Linux set with me (Except for DamnSmallLinux).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Knuckl3head

Re: KhiKhu OS Poll [Google Docs]

Post by Knuckl3head »

BUMP!

I need this information. I don't want it to be what I want, I want it to be what you want.
Z-Xylon

Post by Z-Xylon »

I have done the questionare.

This looks like it could be good, are you forking an existing distro like Ubuntu? Or are you making it from scratch?

P.S. I forgot to add this in the comments box, but please don't make it like KDE. What I mean by this is that don't give it lots of features but make it so unstable that it's unusable.
On that note, what DE are you going to use? EDIT: I just realised, you're probably going to use the DE that 'we' use, as in the one which got the most votes.
Suo_Eno

Post by Suo_Eno »

Done and good luck for your project! :D
Knuckl3head

Post by Knuckl3head »

Z-Xylon wrote:I have done the questionare.

This looks like it could be good, are you forking an existing distro like Ubuntu? Or are you making it from scratch?

P.S. I forgot to add this in the comments box, but please don't make it like KDE. What I mean by this is that don't give it lots of features but make it so unstable that it's unusable.
On that note, what DE are you going to use? EDIT: I just realised, you're probably going to use the DE that 'we' use, as in the one which got the most votes.
Well, I plan on basing it off of Linux Mint. I am going to also attempt to make my own desktop eniroment called the "KhiKhu (Name of my distro) X11 Object Manipulation Enviroment" or KXOME (not the best name ever.)

To everybody else, please fill out the form! I need as much info as possible. The more the marrier!
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

I filled out the form, and I'm very interested with how it turns out. I will however say that while most people here don't like Macs/Windows very much, not everything that has anything to do with them is inherently bad. An example is that Macs are user friendly and Windows computers have (before Windows Eight) a fairly traditional desktop, with a very similar layout to MATE/Cinnamon.

Edit: for whatever reason, my "8" turned into a smiley.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

8 followed by ) turns into 8)
Knuckl3head

Post by Knuckl3head »

cwwgateway wrote:I filled out the form, and I'm very interested with how it turns out. I will however say that while most people here don't like Macs/Windows very much, not everything that has anything to do with them is inherently bad. An example is that Macs are user friendly and Windows computers have (before Windows Eight) a fairly traditional desktop, with a very similar layout to MATE/Cinnamon.

Edit: for whatever reason, my "8" turned into a smiley.
Well, I have been posting this in a lot of places. So, I have to include those options for the people who don't use Linux.

Return to “Chat about Linux”