ASUS S46CM, Optimus Disable, HDMI ?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Northern Mike

ASUS S46CM, Optimus Disable, HDMI ?

Post by Northern Mike »

First off, I'm new to mint, great OS.

Asus has a new model out now called a S46CA with HD4000 graphics. Unfortunately I can only find it with lower specs. In order to get a i7 and larger hard drive I am looking at the S46CM that has a Nvidia GeForce 635M and Optimus. My question is if I am lucky and can disable the card in the bios to only run the HD4000 will the HDMI still work with both picture and sound output? Or if I have to disable it from the command line instead, same question? I see Nvidia has a driver available but the HD4000 is plenty for my non gaming needs and Linux driver issues in the past have left me gun shy. Altrernately if anyone has a model number for a spec'd out S46CA that also would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Northern Mike

Re: ASUS S46CM, Optimus Disable, HDMI ?

Post by Northern Mike »

Perhaps I should have worded this clearer.

If I don't install the NVIDIA driver it will run on the HD4000 correct?

Is there a chance the HDMI will work with strictly the HD4000 and no Nvidia driver?

System: Asus S46CM-DH71
Video: GeForce 635M and HD4000

Return to “Open Chat”