iOS6 USB connection - working 'Too Well'

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jommoner

iOS6 USB connection - working 'Too Well'

Post by jommoner »

Hi all!

Not really a fault of Linux Mint at all, but more a question to see if others have the same situation as me. Over the last year I had my fair share of
'Unhandled Lockdown Error' when connecting my phone to Linux Mint. More recently I had an issue where, when you connect the phone, it didn't
even show up in the USB devices list. However, since installing Maya on my laptop, the iPhone has been registering properly, so it has been able
to be charged from the USB port and I can access my photos.

I just discovered that I can access all my photos while the phone is locked :) :) just by plugging in the USB cable. Can anyone else with an iPhone
(mine is iPhone 4S 64GB with iOS6 update) see if they have this same issue? If so, a new exploit has been discovered!

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
darkgod

Re: iOS6 USB connection - working 'Too Well'

Post by darkgod »

I wish I had that problem... I can't get my Linux Mint 13 KDE to recognize my iPhone at all. Which DE are you using with Mint? Can you post the lib you're using?

Return to “Hardware Support”