I have been testing 3 KDE distros...

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alquimista
Level 4
Level 4

I have been testing 3 KDE distros...

Post by alquimista »

Tested Mint 13 KDE, openSuse 12.2, Mageia 2

I'll not provide a detailed exprerience on the test... I'll just say, that for me, Mint 13 KDE is the best. It gave me out of the box functionallity with multimedia formats, and for my 4 years old desktop PC, Mint detected all hardware and netwroking just fine... much better than OpenSuse and Mageia, specially networking and the GForce Nvdia card. Upgraded to KDE 4.9 ... smooth

Sticking with Mint... I have been with it since 2010 ( KDE, Gnome, Cinammon and now back to and KDE) ... and its the best choice for me

:)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exton

Re: I have been testing 3 KDE distros...

Post by exton »

You could also try Mex Linux 12.10 Live DVD version 121102 with eight (8) Desktop Environments

Mex Linux is a remaster of Ubuntu 12.10 – codenamed “Quantal Quetzal”, released on October 18, 2012. The original system includes the Desktop Environment Unity 6.8.0. I have added Gnome 3.6.0, Gnome Classic, KDE 4.9.2, XBMC 11, Cinnamon 1.6.4, Xfce 4.10 and Fluxbox 1.3.2 as alternatives, so that everyone on the spot (during live operation) can compare the different Desktop Environments. The system language is ENGLISH.

Program content etc
Among many other programs LibreOffice 3.6.2, Skype, Thunderbird 16.0.2, Firefox 16.0.2, Brasero, Vlc, Gimp and win32 codecs. In addition, java, flash and all necessary additions in order to install programs from source. All programs have been updated to the latest available stable version as of November 1, 2012. See a complete list of all installed packages HERE.

Used KERNEL
My special kernel 3.5.0-18-exton. The orignal Ubuntu kernel is 3.5.0-17-generic.

READ MORE in English or Swedish
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

[moved here]
The Dark Side

Post by The Dark Side »

If you like KDE distributions how with me.... Linux Mint 13 KDE is really amazing, it works brilliantly. Kubuntu 12.04 and Kubuntu 12.10 also work very well. Mageia 2 is also a very good distribution, especially KDE version. Although, to my taste does not become as good as Linux Mint or Kubuntu. OpenSuse 12.2 is really unfortunate, very unstable and several bugs that annoy all the time. Also KDE: Linux Mint Debian Edition KDE, Chakra Linux and Manjaro Linux are also good alternatives. Any of these three are much better than OpenSuse. Best Regards.-

Return to “Chat about Linux”