applet label help (and volume applet 100+%)

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
_John

applet label help (and volume applet 100+%)

Post by _John »

Hi,

sorry for this probably obviously easy question but I am stuck. I am using the recent docs applet but would like it to have a small text label like the menu (yes I know I could change the icon but now that I have started fidgeting with the code I want the proper answer).

From looking at the menu applet code I believe that :

Code: Select all

this.set_applet_label(_("!!Your Label here!!"))
set the label but
a) is that correct and
b) how do I get the label to show?

One other question there a setting that allows to change the volume slider and/or volume keys to go to above 100% ? I think I saw an old discussion on it but has that changed?

thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: applet label help (and volume applet 100+%)

Post by remoulder »

_John wrote:volume slider and/or volume keys to go to above 100%
See Improved Sound applet http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=207
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
_John

Post by _John »

thanks for the point on the sound applet, but how can I modify behaviour to allow the 150% volume via hotkeys again?

also anybody got any pointers on the label for the applets, really appreciated thanks
_John

Post by _John »

any ideas how to change the label on the applet ? thanks sorry for bumping but I am lost

Return to “Cinnamon”