Forums being dodgy?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
ZeonOtaku

Forums being dodgy?

Post by ZeonOtaku »

Is it just me, or are the forums being a little dodgy? About every other link-click I get a 404.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ZeonOtaku

Re: Forums being dodgy?

Post by ZeonOtaku »

Sorry if I sounded grumpy or something, just was curious if it was effecting just me or what.

I had an issue in the past where I was a member of a small forum (maybe 20? people around the world) and a few of us guys on the east coast US couldn't connect, but the west coast US guys could and thought we were being crazy.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

We're aware of the issue of the forums intermittently being slow to respond, or sometimes returning a 404 error. Thanks everybody for showing patience while it's being sorted out.

Edit: it seems to be affecting members across the globe, your Internet is fine :)
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

The other day I had a page saying I was permanently banned from the forum - I like 404 better :lol:
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

palo wrote:The other day I had a page saying I was permanently banned from the forum - I like 404 better :lol:
We ban IP addresses used by spammers. It can happen that an address was banned a longer time ago and has since been reallocated from the spammer to you by your ISP. If you get the message that you are permanently banned from the forum, and you aren't aware of having done anything that can be considered spamming or advertising, then please contact the forum administrators for help (http://www.linuxmint.com/contactus.php) and likely your IP address will be unbanned.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

Vincent > Thanks for that info - I was briefly wondering what to do (as well as what I did to get banned). I say briefly because I tried again a few minutes later and had no problem - figured it was just a glitch in the matrix. AFAIK my IP stays static but now I will check into that. Thanks.

Pat
caerolle

Post by caerolle »

They were just jealous of your awesome avi! ;)
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

caerolle wrote:They were just jealous of your awesome avi! ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And on that note I get 100 posts :mrgreen:
ZeonOtaku

Post by ZeonOtaku »

palo wrote:And on that note I get 100 posts :mrgreen:
Congrats!
caerolle wrote:They were just jealous of your awesome avi!
That reminds me, I need to upload an avitar...
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

Oh, crap. Now I'm going to have to go find an avitar. There's always something.

Return to “Open Chat”