hello from Cyprus

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mouse2282

hello from Cyprus

Post by mouse2282 »

Thanks to a forum member my installation problem was solved and I am up and running.
About 3 to 4 years ago running Win xp microsoft downloaded WGA ( windows genuine advantage) into my computer, this was the worst and most evil piece of malware/virus I have ever encountered, it disabled many pieces of software and put a timebomb on xp as they said it was not a genuine copy, well it was genuine and paid for !!!!!! I flew into a blind rage, keyboard smashed, mouse across the room. I had many disagreements various windows os and decided IT MUST STOP, 1 Hour later on another pc I was running the Knopix live cd and 4 hours after that Debian Linux and since then ,no blind rages, no broken keyboards or mice, just 3 to 4 years of happy computer usage. Open source software doesnt have the rude and arrogant hangups that bills software suffers from.
About 3 weeks ago I noticed various linux distros and realised what fun it would be to try some, so I did, great !!
Mint seems to be what I hoped for , smart, clean, proffessional and I hope easy to update, I feel good using Mint
puppy is a bit scruffy but very hands on and is teaching me a lot about the structure of Linux, hope to install it to run in ram, it is very quick in that mode.
Thankyou to all the contributers to Linux as they have created the most wonderful library of software, If only more people knew what linux is !!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
overthetop

Re: hello from Cyprus

Post by overthetop »

Welcome aboard! :P
jesica

Post by jesica »

Hallo!

Goo day and welcome to the Linux Mint Forums. :mrgreen:

Hope you have a fab times,
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Normally i would say Kalimera but i assume your a Brit abroad :? so

Welcome to the Mint family forums

i will be making a return visit to Kipros in February hope you can arrange some decent weather for me :P

wizard

Return to “Introduce Yourself”