How do you 'create new user' in XFCE? (SOLVED)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
madwoollything

How do you 'create new user' in XFCE? (SOLVED)

Post by madwoollything »

I've just done a fresh install of Mint 13 XFCE and am wanting to create a new user ...... how do you do this in XFCE as I cannot seem to find any GUI tool for this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: How do you 'create new user' in XFCE?

Post by altair4 »

Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
madwoollything

Re: How do you 'create new user' in XFCE? (SOLVED)

Post by madwoollything »

Thanks ..... I tried to find something in the forums but obviously was not using the right search criteria.

Why aren't these tools installed in the default mint 13 xfce?
BBistheKing

Post by BBistheKing »

Why aren't these tools installed in the default mint 13 xfce?
Good question - does anybody know the answer?

Mint 9 converted me from the MS world and I prefer XFCE as a desktop but don't understand why it is being stripped of something like Users and Groups in 13.
kkkkkbruce

Post by kkkkkbruce »

Hey, thanks, I also needed the answer to this question! :D
Fenix73

Post by Fenix73 »

Thank God, this was really an issue. I thought I was just stupid or blind. Totally insane to leave distro without user tools. :evil:
Smiff2

Post by Smiff2 »

yeah.. so.. you aren't going to roll a 13.2 LTS based on ubuntu 12.04.2 with this fixed?

please don't take this the wrong way, i'm really impressed with mint13 xfce, just needed something to quickly upgrade from mint11 gnome and it's the done the job, but there's always at least one total head-slapper, and this might be it this time..

also no system log viewer that i can see, but so far, haven't needed it, which is great in itself!

might be a disk space issues though?

Return to “Xfce”