Mint4Win And XP

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
everready

Mint4Win And XP

Post by everready »

This is from a thread i started name "Thanks For The Ride" it was meant to be a rant because of the discrepency between 32 bit system and a 64 bit system. In the tutorials it was written that mint4win would only wqrk if you were running a 64 bit well i had or thought i had a 32 bit and then something happened this happened.. :wink:

Re: Thanks For The Ride

Post by everready on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:41 pm

This new interface is very nice great job to the developers. Your not going to believe this one it came as a welcome surprise to me. When this computer was built the technician said he built in some extras and this was one of them i guess. Read this thread down to the 9th post and feed that command into your terminal..

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1256747

All these years I've been running a dual core 64 bit processor, question is, are you? If you are chances are you'll be able to download Linux Mint 13 Maya.. I used this application because at one time my CD ROM was busted and i didn't have a way to go, but this allowed my to install Mint along with the "788" MB load. *edit* not 800 MB

http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Understand this just happened and everything has been updated and its running free and clear, no bumps in the roadat this point I'll try and keep you posted tomorrow with an update. I want to thank everyone for your tips and much needed advice and a thanks to DuckDuckGo my search engine.. :mrgreen:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&t=114830

Hope this helps others that are struggling with Mint 13 Maya

Since then i installed Mint 13 Maya with the Mate desktop which i prefer.. :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
everready

Re: Mint4Win And XP

Post by everready »

Just curios to see if anyone has discovered that.. you are actually running 64-bit ubuntu on 32-bit machine?
By running this command in their terminal? If so you'll be able to install Mint 13 Maya using mint4win.. :)
sudo lshw -c cpu
everready

Re: Mint4Win And XP

Post by everready »

When you run that command and you see this readout and you think you've been using a 32 bit OS then you'll be pleasantly surprised.. as you can see the width says 64 bits, anyways if you've been having a difficult time installing Mint 13 give it a try. Understand this is for those of you running an older copy of Windows.. :mrgreen:

*-cpu
description: CPU
product: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
physical id: 4
bus info: cpu@0
version: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
serial: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
slot: CPU 1
size: 2100MHz
width: 64 bits
clock: 200MHz