Mint 13 Black Screen Boot Problem

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RiverDog

Mint 13 Black Screen Boot Problem

Post by RiverDog »

I’m having a problem installing Mint 13 Cinnamon 64bit and haven’t found a solution either here or on Google. I can use the live CD with no problem but if I install it I just get a black screen with a small white line at the top left of the screen. I have done two installs formatting the disk both times with no difference. I took 13 off and can install and use Mint 12 with no problem. I am also dual booting Windows 7 with no problems. I have tried the “ctrl-alt-F8 keys” and nothing happens. It uses the grub boot loader so I can pick windows with no problem. My system has a Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H board coupled with a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz processor. I have 4 GB memory, a 1 SATA 1.5 TB hard drive, 1 SATA 2TB hard drive, and a IDE 100GB hard drive. I have Win7 loaded on the 1.5 HD and put Mint on the IDE drive. The video card is an integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 GPU. Does anybody have any ideas or should I just stay with 12?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
keghn
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mint 13 Black Screen Boot Problem

Post by keghn »

Hello.
Try Mint 13 kde, or Mint 13 maya mate.
I tried Mint 13 debian and it crashed.
Now I am using Mate.

Return to “Installation & Boot”