No sound played on login

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

No sound played on login

Postby Barti90 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Hello there,
for some time I've been fighting an issue with a missing sound on login; my brother has Maya version on his laptop and it plays some sounds when mdm manager shows up and after successful login attempt. On my LMDE, at first it "played" only a stupid beep of a space hamster - I fixed it with blacklisting a certain module. Now it doesn't play anything.

In general, the speakers work properly - I can play music in Banshee, listen to youtube videos and so on; when I choose the sounds to play in the mdm settings I cannot play the sample, but outside of the mdm the same sound plays fine. I took a glimpse on mdm config file but I couldn't find anything wrong there.

Anyone had similar problem?
Barti90
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: No sound played on login

Postby danellisuk on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Sounds similar to my issue yesturday, hopefully this may help: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=112325&start=40#p645947
Daniel Ellis
2006 - 2012, Ubuntu 6.06 through to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
November 2012 - Present, Mint 13 (MATE on desktops and laptops, XFCE on netbook)
danellisuk
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions