Cannot Shut down or restart computer

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mike.franky

Cannot Shut down or restart computer

Post by mike.franky »

Hi,

I have just installed linux mint (Mint 13 Maya 64 bit) for the first time and have also decided to swhich to the xfce desktop environment (also for the first time). After a bit of configuration I must say that I am very pleased with it. However, I didn't manage to find a way to shut down or restart through gui buttons. First of all the main menu doesn't even give you the options; it only has a "Lock Screen" button. Hence I decided to add the "Actions Button" item on my panel which gives you those options. However, appart from the "lock screen" and "log out" buttons, all the others are greyed out and cannot be clicked. So in order to shut down or reboot I am currently using the terminal.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance for any help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Cannot Shut down or restart computer

Post by viking777 »

Check if you have consolekit installed. If not try installing it.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install consolekit
I got that piece of advice from a Fedora bug report so I am not sure if it applies to Mint. Worth trying though I would think.

Return to “Xfce”