minty radio?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
steveking9174

minty radio?

Post by steveking9174 »

Recently I have been drawn to the fact that facebook has an app that means you can broadcast your own radio/podcast. This intruigues me! I know the forums are a great place to get advice, and the community is fun, but have the team ever thought of a podcast? Answering questions, updating users etc? I am thinking of the things that could make Mint that little bit above and beyond the other distros out there. I have a couple of friends who do these radio things, they are simple to set up and free to do. I think it would be a pretty cool feature personally, the developers could ask a different member each week or whenever to do a show, play some music, have a chat about what they have been doing and all at the same time there is a chat function so people could get tech help etc.

This may sound like a crazy idea, but it could be abit of fun? Bring the community together over another platform? I know I would tune in and possibly even do a show myself!

Any one got an opinions on this matter? Is it something that the Mint community thinks that could be either a) usefull. or b) fun. ??? Tune in for your own slice of the mint pie! The problem of time zones doesnt effect it either as you can download/playback the show and chat is always available.

Like I said it would be a fun way to bring the community together over another platform, but obviously it would take a little bit of work to get it started.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
det4100
Level 4
Level 4

Re: minty radio?

Post by det4100 »

There is http://www.mintcast.org/ which I enjoy. I download the pod-casts to listen to at my convenience. I don't know about a live radio show. I know some IRC channels host a DJ session which is neat. Not a bad idea to link the two together. Could be fun.
det4100

Running Mint Debian

Return to “Open Chat”