<SOLVED>got messed up with my pannel please help

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yasirassassin

<SOLVED>got messed up with my pannel please help

Post by yasirassassin »

hey guys am using linux mint 13 with kde yesterday i was checking my pannel settings and etc first of all what happened is that the clock and other stuff which is o the right side came and collpased with stuff on left side so after that i could not see which programes or folders i have opened please help me how i can do that
well one more problem is that i created new pannel it was created on tpo of my screen so i removed my origional one so that i oculd recreate new one to replace that but i got failed no solution please help me how i can put my pannel settings to default thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caribriz

Re: got messed up with my pannel please help

Post by caribriz »

Hello - welcome to the Linux Mint forums :)

For Mint 13 KDE try this:

Right-click panel > Unlock Widgets
Right-click panel > Panel Options > Add Panel > Default Panel (or Empty panel if you want to start from scratch)
Or another way:
Click "cashew" in upper right corner of desktop > Add Panel > Default or Empty Panel

... then

Click on the "cashew" (Panel Tool Box) in the corner of new panel > Add Widgets.
Click each item you want, then drag it to desired location on new panel.
(To see the open programs and folders you need "Task Manager" widget)

To prevent the clock and System Tray from going over to the left side of the panel, try adding a spacer.
Click "cashew" again > Add spacer. Drag it just to the left of the System Tray.
Right-click the spacer and check "Set flexible size"

When finished customizing panel the way you want, right-click "cashew" > lock Widgets

If panel is at the top and you want it on the bottom, unlock Widgets as before, click "cashew" > hover over "Screen Edge", click and drag the panel down to the bottom
of the screen.

Hope this helps -
caribriz
yasirassassin

Post by yasirassassin »

hey thanks for reply i could add widgetes to pannel and move them arround :)
Last edited by yasirassassin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
yasirassassin

Post by yasirassassin »

and one more thing i cant find clipboard and volume and dolphine folder manager in widgets please help me
by the way i could not drag itoms in pannel from one place to other what i did actually was that i put spacer in betweeb itoms and moved spacer so tioms also moved :p
caribriz

Post by caribriz »

Did you add the System Tray Widget to the panel?
It contains the Clipboard tool and Volume Control icons, along with Update Manager. Device Notifier and Network Management icons.
System tray widget.png
Add Dolphin to the panel from the Menu:
Menu > Applications > System - right-click File Manager > Add to panel

caribriz
yasirassassin

[SOLVED] got messed up with my pannel please help

Post by yasirassassin »

hey dear thanks for reply :)
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

Thank-you to caribriz. I changed my taskbar by accident causing my clock and sys tray to move to the left. Just dragging them back to the right did not work. I added the spacer as you suggested. I dragged the spacer to make it smaller than the size of the sys tray then dragged it to the left edge of the tray. The tray and clock are both back where they originally were at the right edge. Doesn't really make sense that a 1/2 inch spacer would cause those 2 items to move more than 12 inches to the right, but I'll take it.

I think I tried adding a spacer to correct this some days ago, but the size of the default spacer was the remaining free space on the taskbar, much larger than the tray and clock. Making the spacer smaller did work.

Return to “Software & Applications”