Hello from coffee412

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
coffee412
Level 8
Level 8

Hello from coffee412

Post by coffee412 »

I have been involved with linux since redhat 4.0 and have tried quite a few flavors over the years. I now own and operate my own business in the computer field and cater to small businesses and some residential customers.

ALL HAIL THE NEW KING OF LINUX -- Linux Mint!

I am very impressed with the Mint 14RC. I am currently running it in a VM on my system and its just fantastic (mate de so far). I have many customers with ubuntu on their systems and have been testing various flavors out for a replacement since gnome3 and unity showed up. I have decided that Mint is the way to go and have already contacted my customers about the upgrade. I did notice that distrowatch has set Mint as the number one distro! Congrats to all that got it there!

I really havent had a chance to try out the other desktops available but I m sure I will get to them over the next week or two. I just cant express myself enough over how happy I am to see that some have not lost their way as did Ubuntu and the other flavors pushing unity and gnome3 respectively. I also understand 'Steam' is seriously considering linux as an avenue for their games. This would be a big feather in mints hat!

Anyways, Thank you all very much for a great operating system and for giving the user what they actually want and need.

Best Regards,

coffee412
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ryzen x1800 Asus Prime x370-Pro 32 gigs Ram RX480 graphics
Dell PE T610, Dell PE T710
- List your hardware Profile: inxi -Fxpmrz
MeshCentral * Virtualbox * Debian * InvoiceNinja * NextCloud * Linux since kernel 2.0.36
The-Wizard

Re: Hello from coffee412

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
jesica

Re: Hello from coffee412

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to the forum :-)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”