Both panels to the bottom? Customizing desktop size?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FiReSTaRT

Both panels to the bottom? Customizing desktop size?

Post by FiReSTaRT »

I like having 2 panels and like having them on the bottom. Ever since I installed 1.6, the 2 bottom panels extension doesn't work any more. When it did work, it would cover the bottom of any open window and that cramped my style a bit when using a web browser. Is the option of having both panels on the bottom in the works?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
FiReSTaRT

Re: Both panels to the bottom? Customizing desktop size?

Post by FiReSTaRT »

I just went back to XFCE. So far so good. Cinnamon is nearly there and pretty slick looking but still a bit too dumbed down for the user who likes his things "just so".
BoscoBearbank
Level 2
Level 2

Post by BoscoBearbank »

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but my preference is for two panels, one on the bottom, and the other on the right side. On the other hand, this is my first look at Cinnamon, and, I've got to say, I like it. :D
FiReSTaRT

Post by FiReSTaRT »

BoscoBearbank wrote:Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but my preference is for two panels, one on the bottom, and the other on the right side. On the other hand, this is my first look at Cinnamon, and, I've got to say, I like it. :D
Not a hijack. Being able to customize it is one thing that Cinnamon is still missing. I guess that comes from being rooted in Gnome 3 even though it's taking a lot of cues from Gnome 2.
FiReSTaRT

Post by FiReSTaRT »

I'll just bump this one as the lack of functionality remains on Olivia. It's the main reason I'm still sticking with XFCE.
OldManHook

Post by OldManHook »

Have You Tried A Dock :) ...Will Give You Most Of What You Want :)

Return to “Cinnamon”