Problem with broadcom on LM14 RC

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rhY

Problem with broadcom on LM14 RC

Post by rhY »

MAJOR bug in mate x64 RC 14.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/1078483

I'm seriously considering distro hopping given how unstable this "RC" is, how quick the RC turns into final (at least in the past).

Just in case somebody reasonable wants to actually FIX this release before final, or keep Linux Mint fans around, I'm posting this here. I will probably be leaving Mint over this though.

Now I have to migrate >300 Mint 10 and 11 pcs to something new. *sigh*
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Problem with broadcom on LM14 RC

Post by xenopeek »

I've split your post from the Linux Mint 14 "Nadia" RC released! topic. Are you silverghost on the IRC?

Perhaps on the machine where you did the installation you can from the live session run:

Code: Select all

inxi -SNxz
and share the output here? It seems to me this is a problem with your specific model broadcom, and without details nobody can help solve it for you.

I'd kindly ask that instead of jumping to conclusions and calling something a bug, you first try to get support from the forums or IRC on the actual issue you are having (installed broadcom driver; now can't boot). We're happy to help, but reporting something as a bug with so few details provided by you isn't helping anybody :(

The Linux Mint developers can and do provide different versions of packages than provided by Ubuntu/Debian if there is a known problem with the version provided by the base distro, or include workarounds for known problems in the release notes. So if indeed there is a problem with the broadcom driver, that could possibly be acted on. Without any details about the hardware or having any analysis from trying to solve the issue (with help from others here), there isn't much anybody can do now. I hope you will try and solve the issue with the help of others here, so as to get an analysis of the root cause.

Return to “Networking”