Update manager does not work in KDE session

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Update manager does not work in KDE session

Postby zeke on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:04 pm

I'm a very new KDE user. I installed it from the software manager in LM 13, and for the most part I like it. I have one main problem : It doesn't appear that the update manager runs under KDE. I don't see anything obvious happen at all when I click the icon in the system tray or try to run it from the "Kickoff Application Launcher" menu. On the other hand the process detecting available updates works, as I can see the icon change when that happens. At this point I'm stumped as to where to look for an answer, so I would appreciate any hints.
thanks
zeke
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Update manager does not work in KDE session

Postby caf4926 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:13 am

So you had a install of Mint 13 Mate or Cinnamon and added KDE?

I have Mint 13 KDE but only from the Mint 13 KDE DVD and works perfectly.

I'm pretty sure what you have installed is not going to be quite the same.
Whatever the case, for someone wanting to use KDE, I'd recommend installing from the DVD, rather than adding the kde pattern
Did you install the meta package: mint-meta-kde ?
Mint 16 Cinnamon_64
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Update manager does not work in KDE session

Postby zeke on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:40 pm

caf4926 wrote:I'm pretty sure what you have installed is not going to be quite the same.
Whatever the case, for someone wanting to use KDE, I'd recommend installing from the DVD, rather than adding the kde pattern
Did you install the meta package: mint-meta-kde ?

Thanks for the info and advice. I wasn't sure I wanted to go all in w/ KDE but I'm pretty impressed with it so I think I'll install the KDE edition - there are some other anomolies that I hope will go away if I install from scratch.
zeke
Level 1
Level 1

Return to KDE