Update manager does not work in KDE session

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zeke

Update manager does not work in KDE session

Post by zeke »

I'm a very new KDE user. I installed it from the software manager in LM 13, and for the most part I like it. I have one main problem : It doesn't appear that the update manager runs under KDE. I don't see anything obvious happen at all when I click the icon in the system tray or try to run it from the "Kickoff Application Launcher" menu. On the other hand the process detecting available updates works, as I can see the icon change when that happens. At this point I'm stumped as to where to look for an answer, so I would appreciate any hints.
thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Update manager does not work in KDE session

Post by caf4926 »

So you had a install of Mint 13 Mate or Cinnamon and added KDE?

I have Mint 13 KDE but only from the Mint 13 KDE DVD and works perfectly.

I'm pretty sure what you have installed is not going to be quite the same.
Whatever the case, for someone wanting to use KDE, I'd recommend installing from the DVD, rather than adding the kde pattern
Did you install the meta package: mint-meta-kde ?
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
zeke

Re: Update manager does not work in KDE session

Post by zeke »

caf4926 wrote: I'm pretty sure what you have installed is not going to be quite the same.
Whatever the case, for someone wanting to use KDE, I'd recommend installing from the DVD, rather than adding the kde pattern
Did you install the meta package: mint-meta-kde ?
Thanks for the info and advice. I wasn't sure I wanted to go all in w/ KDE but I'm pretty impressed with it so I think I'll install the KDE edition - there are some other anomolies that I hope will go away if I install from scratch.

Return to “Software & Applications”