New to LInux and happy

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
random7100

New to LInux and happy

Post by random7100 »

Hello. couldnt find a suitable place for this other than in here, so here goes..

Just like to say a big thanks to everyone involved with the development and support of Linux, associated forums etc

Ive always used Windows, most recently (a very crash prone and error generating) version of XP Pro. Ive just installed Mint 13 Maya and am very pleasantly suprised. The install was very straightforward and i got online and going straight away. Even downloading and burning the disc was trouble free

Only issue i had was that the bluetooth wasnt working, so replaced the standard package with Blueman and fixed straight away.

I used to use uTorrent on Windows, now using Transmission. Transmission seems to give me similiar speeds to what i had before and offers all the basic controls in a simple package without all the extras i didnt understand, let alone use.

Bleachbit installed to wipe history etc, Firefox etc that im already used to, jobs a good un.

I also really like the update manager and software manager apps.

Im sure its evolved from something that was a lot less 'general user' friendly in the past, but unless you have a vital app on Windows you cant live without or replace, i really cannot see a big enough reason to use Windows over Linux. And thats before you even bring the cost issue into it...

A happy user
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: New to LInux and happy

Post by viking777 »

Maybe it better belongs here, but it is not a big deal either way :lol:

Glad you are a happy user - hope you remain so - welcome to Linux Mint :D
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
random7100