Problems with taskbar in Mint 14 Cinnamon RC

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ggore

Problems with taskbar in Mint 14 Cinnamon RC

Post by ggore »

Hello, I recently installed the RC of Mint 14 Cinnamon and everything was fine. After turning off the machine for a day and starting back up all the icons in the bottom right are completely different and there is no longer a clock.

Also, open appications on the taskbar no longer show the name of the app in it.

Not sure what I changed, The only thing I did after install was change the theme. I tried changing back to original but that didnt help.

I've attached a screenshot of my entire desktop.

Thank you.

Greg
snapshot.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Problems with taskbar in Mint 14 Cinnamon RC

Post by remoulder »

Discussion of Mint 14 RC issues is requested at http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2205
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Goto Cinnamon>Panel> and click On Allow Cinnamon to Scale panel text and Icons.

Was my response to that thread.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Found a Bug in Taskbar rendering?

Looks fine log-out and auto login gives this results.

Will report in thread but no way to give examples but here.

The problem seems to be in Cinnamon Settings>Fonts.
Antialiasing is set to Rgba change to None and problem goes away.
And taskbar normal again. Change it back to Rgba and green square blocks are back.

Don't know if this is a Theme exasperating the problem?
And will boot up fine normal. But log out or reboot then comes back randomly.
Also Troubleshoot Reboot Cinnamon moves all my screenlets to center of my second lcd monitor.
Tho that may be a screenlet issue?

Tried different cinnamon themes losing randomly the Firefox icon left side. Tray side Settings arrow,Volume & All Windows icon invisible. Logging Off or Reboot may or may not restore them. Inconsistent results. Those are consistent icons group that remain invisible. Or restored together when rebooting resolves the issue.

Change Cinnamon Settings Theme other settings changing there and fonts turning on/off Anti-aliasing and hinting. Also switched to TTF corefonts

Return to “Cinnamon”