Hey, im Charlie

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chillecharlie

Hey, im Charlie

Post by chillecharlie »

Hey, i am Charlie

I just wanted to say that i have been using Linux Mint for the last few months, and i really love it.
This operating system has served me very very well lately, it looks good, it just works, and its ammazingly stable.

Therefor i wanted to say, thank you to everyone who is working or has been working on this project!
You have done an amazing job creating such a neat OS freely available to the world.
I am using the Maya Cinnamon version by the way, though i updated my cinnamon to 1.6 already i think i like the look and feel of cinnamon most, have also tried the others.
What i am using it for, i host a minecraft server, and i use Linux Mint not for the server (Which runs on the same kernel ;) Debian), but to maintain the server.
Also i code PHP and a little java, i watch movies, listen to some music and offcourse all the other stuff you do with a desktop :)
Eclipse is working very good on Mint and also does gedit =D
Mint is for me, the only OS i am currently using at home, and i am not planning to change that :)

Well, Thank you! really i mean it !
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Hey, im Charlie

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint Forums, Charlie. I agree with everything you said about Cinnamon. It has come a long way in a very short time. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I have to agree too. :) Cinnamon is about the most modern and consistent desktop environment around. Welcome to the forum!
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to Mint :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”