Acer Aspire 5750 touchpad scrolling issues

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Acer Aspire 5750 touchpad scrolling issues

Postby jbtxk on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi everybody, I'm new to linux mint (and linux in general) but so far I love it. I'm used to windows, though, so forgive me if I ask silly windows-people questions. So far I'm only having a few issues...

I have an Acer Aspire 5750-6589 laptop and the touchpad doesn't have all the functionality that it should.
The vertical and horizontal scrolling does not work; I have to left click on the (surprisingly well-hidden) scroll bars and then drag up or down using both hands... not real fun.
The touchpad works fine otherwise.

I searched a bit and tried the "gpointing-device-settings" package... didn't seem to have any effect. It seemed like the ones who used that had bigger issues, like the touchpad not working at all.

is it a driver issue? If so how would I fix that?
I also saw something about editing the "grub" file... I did that and then rebooted but still no change (although it DID solve my screen brightness control problem!)

Any ideas how to fix this?

EDIT: I'm running Linux Mint 11
jbtxk
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Acer Aspire 5750 touchpad scrolling issues

Postby linuxsudoer on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:10 pm

One thing you can do System Tools --> Prefremces --> Startup applications. Here you can add startup applications and can type in your command so it start on bootup. Also check synaptic package manager see if they have a synaptec touchpad utility you do not currently have. Hope this helps.

"In a world without walls, who needs Windows?"
"In a world without fences, who needs Gates?"
linuxsudoer
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Acer Aspire 5750 touchpad scrolling issues

Postby xenopeek on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:49 am

Replying to support requests older than 6 months isn't really helpful. Please follow the forum rules and don't do so :D

Locked.
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Hardware Support