ATI Cards, Rejoice!!!

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

ATI Cards, Rejoice!!!

Post by jbaerbock »

Personally I have had hell trying to get my ATI 200M working in any Linux, envy made it useable but it never used it to its full potential of 128mb. Well Envy has a new version of itself you can download from their homepage. Install it over the repo version and install your graphics card. I restarted and boom I have Mint Effects and games fly, so I am a happy person lol.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Re: ATI Cards, Rejoice!!!

Post by MagnusB »

And my laptop with that card went to the dogs because of half a liter of Coke. Well, the replacement has a nVidia Geforce 8, so I am not crying about it. Which version of envy did you use, and which version of the ATi driver are you using? I have a post about this card in another forum, might just update it then :)
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock »

I have 0.9.10

That version is not in the repositories but I downloaded it from Envy Site as a .deb and installed it that way. I installed the ATI Driver Automatically so whatever it used.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Dude thanks!! That was exactly what I needed for my laptop.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock »

Hey your welcome, I was amazed myself what a huge difference it is now. I have more Windows games I can play under Wine now because my graphics card is being used to its potential.

Return to “Hardware Support”